Faux Bamboo Armchairs

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I scored a cute little pair of chippendale style faux bamboo armchairs off Craigslist. In the photo from the Craigslist ad they were covered with the ugliest patio cushions and the owner clearly didn't understand how much potential they had! I had to drive almost 30 minutes to pick them up but the price  of the armchairs was totally worth it...and there was 2 of them...everything is better in pairs!

Let me start by saying, getting the seats off of these chairs WOULD NOT have been possible without my (unofficial) project supervisor, Trey. Don't get me wrong I love, like seriously love, using power tools but that day I had met my match and was defeated. It took 2 hours PER CHAIR to get the rusted screws out of the wood to free the chair seat so I could upholster it. "What a man, what a man, what a mighty good man." Got it?
After the seats were off I could finish painting the chair frame. I've been seriously obsessing over Navy Blue lately (it's the new black, right?..) so I went with Navy Blue high gloss and finished it with clear lacquer. I highly suggest using Rust-Oleum Spray Paint, Gloss Navy Blue for the color and Rust-Oleum Lacquer Spray, Clear for the top coat.

Mason and I hit the fabric store to look at velvet and suede colors for the seat (he was so over that idea in 30 seconds, hence his expression). I couldn't decide on a good contrast color for the seat so I ended up picking Navy Blue and figured I would add an accent color with a fun pillow! It's also better this way because 1. I'm super indecisive and 2. it's much easier to switch out an accent pillow when you get sick of a color than to reupholster a chair seat.
I really love the way they turned out. Any suggestions for an accent pillow?
xx,  Kelly

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Your comments mean the world to me! They literally make my day. I read & appreciate them all.

instagram

Facebook

pinterest



Subscribe