3 Questions to End Your Week With

Friday, August 09, 2013

Squared Knot by Cig Harvey via 1st Dibs

1.  What pleasant surprises did I discover this week?

Well, Trey and I unexpectedly booked a trip to our Alma Mater for the University of Florida vs. Tennessee game. Nothing tops SEC football in the fall. Also, we are making room and shuffling everyone's seating arrangements around at work. I'm moving to a larger office which will provide a quiet space and much more cabinet room for all of my marketing materials! A very pleasant surprise. You are never too old, too young, too busy, or too educated to find value and joy in new, unexpected opportunities. Take note of them :)

2.  What lessons did my work teach me that I could build upon next week?

Be understanding and kind to everyone who calls. Everyone has a job to do, just like you. Sometimes it's easy to dismiss a call if they aren't offering something you are interested in but that connection may be able to help you in a way you hadn't thought of yet.

3.  Are my short-term efforts and long-term goals still aligned?

Dream big dreams, but realize that short-term, realistic goals are the key to success. The way you spend your time defines who you are and who you will become. I try to set short-term goals each week that somehow relate to my long-term goal.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Your comments mean the world to me! They literally make my day. I read & appreciate them all.

instagram

Facebook

pinterest



Subscribe