Rattan Review

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I'm loving a hint of rattan in the house during the summer. Rattan is one of those materials that looks great indoors or outdoors and adds a touch of natural texture. Lately i've seen a lot of painted rattan to bring a pop of color to a room. The look is tropical, casual, durable and timeless.
Did you know that rattan furniture can come from over 600 different types of palms? The inner core of it can be separated and worked into wicker. Due to the fact that this material has been around for centuries, rattan and wicker chairs happen to be all over consignment stores, Craigslist and garage sales. It would be the perfect DIY project; all you need is a can of spray paint in a fun accent color.

Have you ever revamped your rattan furniture? What color would you paint a rattan chair?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I have a pretty white rattan bookshelf that I love at the moment. That dining room is absolutely gorgeous with the different coloured chairs xx

    Anna (My Design Ethos)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colored rattan!! i wish it was easier to find in wisconsin :(

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me! They literally make my day. I read & appreciate them all.

instagram

Facebook

pinterest



Subscribe