DIY Brass Etagere

Thursday, April 18, 2013

I've been wanting a pair of brass etageres for as long as I can remember. I knew I couldn't afford most of the one's I'd seen on websites like 1st Dibs so I continued to check Craigslist and garage sales religiously. One magical Saturday morning I saw the most perfect pair of rusted brass and copper etageres I'd ever laid eyes on. All they needed was a little TLC and they would be perfect for my roommate and I's little bungalow.
Rust-Oleum Metallic Spray in Gold is a MUST! It's the ONLY gold spray paint I trust that resembles brass.

Now they are bright, shiny and new and perfectly placed on both sides of our little office window. Setting up the shelves with all of our little trinkets, books and treasures has been a work in progress. We also need window treatments but I'd say this pair of brass etageres is a step in the right direction!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. these turned ouf fantastically kel! makes me want to go hunting for spray paint-able pieces at the thrift store!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great find, Kelly! You styled them beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Kelly! Those two pieces are simply beautiful. I would die to have them in my office. I love the way you decorated the two of them. The picture on the top shelf looks like it was made to be there. Not only did you get what you wanted, it probably looks better in your home than you even imagined.

    Brandi Bradley @ Rotax Metals

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me! They literally make my day. I read & appreciate them all.

instagram

Facebook

pinterest



Subscribe