Splurge or Save

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Sometimes it's hard to decide when it's appropriate to splurge or save. The majority of the time I will choose to {save} but this all depends on the item. For example, when it comes to rugs, I am completely happy buying a look-a-like and saving a buck. But when it comes to certain furniture pieces I am more hesitant and I want to make sure they are made well and will last. That's when estate sales come in handy, you can {save} on the big ticket quality items that someone else paid full price for.
All you fashion people, this goes for clothes and accessories too! I can't tell you how many cheap shoes I have boughten to look like the real deal, but then the heel will break when I'm out and about (so annoying!). How do you know when to splurge and when to save?
Kasbah Rug - West Elm vs. Criss Cross Shag Area Rug - Target
Frank Desk, White - Pangea Home vs. White Desk Top + Legs - Ikea
Buren Stripe Rug - Calypso St. Barth vs. Stockholm Rand Rug - Ikea

What awesome look-a-likes have you saved a buck or two on? Tell me below!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. fashion-wise, i can justify splurging on a piece I know I will have forever /won't go out of style/ I will wear often :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me! They literally make my day. I read & appreciate them all.

instagram

Facebook

pinterest



Subscribe