Design*Sponge at Home

Sunday, December 30, 2012

I just got back from a 2 week vacation and I think my body forgot what it was like to relax. After the initial shock of having nothing to do and no work (new job transition) I was able to enjoy the quiet and spend time with family and friends. From Tampa to sunny Orlando to foggy Atlanta to Marietta to freezing Big Canoe to Tarpon Springs.
All easy travel thanks to my new Pendleton Weekender Bag from Trey and my new reading material from his brother and sister. A lot of my travel time went to reading new design books I got for Christmas! 
Especially the Design*Sponge book, "Design*Sponge at Home" by Grace Bonney; I'm already halfway through and highly suggest it! The Design*Sponge book is like the interior designer's bible full of inspiration on every page. I like it so much I want to share some excerpts from the book with you that inspired me. The book consists of five sections: Sneak Peeks, DIY Projects, DIY Basics, Flower Workshop and Before & After.
The Sneak Peeks section is a collection of home tours from around the world. Each photo has a caption explaining where the pieces are from or what inspired each home owner. By the time you are done reading this section, Design*Sponge will teach you the difference between The Tolix Chair and The Thonet Chair...and every chair in between.
The DIY Projects section is full of do-it-yourself weekend projects that have been tested and are ready to be tackled. Each project explains the materials you need and step-by-step instructions. The Design*Sponge book also contains a DIY Basics section that tells you how to complete basic DIY crafts that might not be pictured in this book such as how to paint furniture, rewiring a lamp, hanging wallpaper, sewing a slipcover, staple-gun upholstery and more.

Jeeze, do you think I like this book? Can't wait to finish it! Do any of you have this book? What was your favorite part?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I've had this book on my wishlist for a while. Maybe I should request it for my birthday! xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me! They literally make my day. I read & appreciate them all.

instagram

Facebook

pinterest



Subscribe