Reupholstering A Chair

Monday, October 15, 2012

Rolling desk chairs with cute frames are hard to come by. There are a lot of cute desk chairs out there, but very few with wheels. I found this cream rolling chair at the thrift store and thought it had potential. All together with a little white lacquer spray paint, cute vintage fabric and my trusty stapler we would work wonders. Reupholstering a chair takes patience; lots of it! I'm going to take you step-by-step through the process.
The first thing I did was take the wheels off. Then I took the horrid pastel floral fabric off this poor chair. It had a million bajillion staples and took me forevvverrrr to get it loose. After a couple hours this poor chair was finally free!
I sanded the frame of the chair with medium grade sand paper then wiped it clean with a cloth. It took two coats of Gloss White Lacquer Spray Paint to fully coat the chair. Goodbye old cream, hello shiny white!
Next I covered the seat (without using piping) and then worked on the seat back. I used eco-foam (an environmentally-friendly upholstery foam) from the fabric store to pad the chair back.
After the back was stapled on, I used a green trim to cover the staples around the frame of the upholstered chair back. I used extra-hold fabric glue to attach the trim.
Ta-Dah! All finished, shiny and new. If anyone is interested in purchasing this desk chair, or has any questions about reupholstering a chair, send me an email at hello.kellyboudreau (at) gmail.com
Drink | Apple Orchard Cocktail
Life | 9 Signs It's Time for a Change
Decor | Animal Print + Graphic
Entertain | Craft Beer Tasting Party
Just for Fun | Awww

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. such a fantastic makeover! love the idea of upcycling and giving something new life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're fascinated by having the flexibility to modify from remaining stationary to having the power to roll your chair if required, there area unit some choices obtainable. The first, and handiest, is pressure braking casters that forestall the chair from moving once sitting however permits the user to maneuver the chair once standing up. this is often most helpful for sit stand work environments wherever workers rest on their chairs whereas operating and wish a stable choice to support their weight. Another less expensive possibility is manual lockup casters which permit the user to lock the wheels in situ once necessary or unlock them after they would love to maneuver around.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me! They literally make my day. I read & appreciate them all.

instagram

Facebook

pinterest



Subscribe