Wicker and Chrome

Friday, September 07, 2012

Mixing materials and textures can give any room in your house more depth. You can easily accomplish this by simply mixing furniture styles in the same room such as: a metal desk with a wood chair or vice versa with a Tolix Cafe Chair and a farm table. These picture's have been my texture mixing (particularly wicker and chrome) inspiration and eye candy:
images via here
When I saw this wicker and chrome chair at the thrift store, I had to have it. Mainly because it had the texture mix I was looking for all in one piece of furniture - rattan chair and chrome legs. It was exactly like the black one pictured above except natural rattan colored.
My plan was to mix the vintage wicker and chrome chair with a modern and sleek white Ikea desk. And today's thrift store find chair cost me a whopping $7.

I did some research and wicker and chrome is hard to find these days. Vanillawood made a revamped model of my chair below. One Kings Lane also sells a pair of these lovely chairs too for around $600.
 

After all that price checking I was feelin' PRETTY GOOD about my find and I think it look's perfect with my desk (sqeal!)
Love | The most breathtaking Iceland engagement photos
Life | 11 Ways Successful People Start Their Mornings
DIY | Simple and Chic Upcycled Dresser
Hair | The Wavy Bob
Art | Video of Autistic Artist Drawing City Skylines by Memory
Life | Things We Forget #908

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Your comments mean the world to me! They literally make my day. I read & appreciate them all.

instagram

Facebook

pinterest



Subscribe