Marc Johns' Serious Drawings

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I've been faced with a lot of serious decisions lately. Some big, some small, but decisions the same. I'm naturally a very detail-oriented person so I rehash every over and over in my head until i'm certain i've made the right choice. This morning, I came across Serious Drawings by Marc Johns and I couldn't help but smile. As with any art, Marc Johns' "serious drawings" are what you make of them. In my personal interpretation I find them silly, cynical and an instant mood-booster. So thanks Marc, I needed these today.
Many people purchase prints of these drawings or even get them as tattoos. Marc Johns’ drawings have been exhibited in Vancouver, Athens, New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and many other places. A book of his artwork, Serious Drawings, was published by teNeues. His drawings have appeared in many other books, as well as publications such as National Geographic, Wired, Newsweek, and the New York Times Sunday Magazine. 

I hope you enjoy these "serious drawings" this morning as much as I did.
DIY | Paint Dipped Chair Legs
Fashion | NYFW Jenny Packham
Home | Inside Chez LeeLee's Home with Vogue

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. yes! i love this so much. definitely needed this this week!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me! They literally make my day. I read & appreciate them all.

instagram

Facebook

pinterest



Subscribe