Bedroom Bliss

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Oh hey, remember me? I own this blog and used to write like 3 posts per week. News flash - the real world doesn't want me to have any free time. Wake up, go to work, come home, sleep, repeat. Sometimes find time to go running and very s l o w l y work on decorating my first condo. Needless to say, by the time the weekend rolls around, i'm dog tired.

I'm going to show you bits and pieces of everything going into my bedroom and how it's slowly coming together. I desperately needed to write this post because I need some fresh ideas from my blog frands! I decided from the get-go that I wasn't going to have a "theme" or color scheme for my room, I just wanted to buy what I liked, whenever I saw it, and throw it all together. I think I subconsciously started turning hollywood glam with all the white + crisp + clean + gold.

First things first - the walls. I painted them Benjamin Moore Classic Gray and I couldn't be happier. It wasn't a sad gray, it was a clean gray, that made everything else in the room pop.
I've been "winning" at Homegoods lately. My all-time favorite things in my room are the gray upholstered headboard and gold crackle lamps I found at Homegoods.
The next big purchase for me, which took f o r e v e r to decide on, was my bedding. I knew I wanted all white, clean and crisp bedding. It's hard to find white bedding that doesn't have lace, frills or scream juvenile. Then finally, on Amazon.com of all places I found the perfect bedding! It's called Cable Embroidery Luxury Bedding by Turkishtowels. Super soft, really nice embroidery, HIGHLY recommend it!
I needed a desk - to blog, to work my online marketing career, etc. I have a super long window in my room that I couldn't find a desk long enough for. My mom and I searched high and low and even considered DIYing something to fit in the window until we realized that we could use the Malm Occasional Table as a desk instead. I normally HATE Ikea products (sorry, Ikea if you read this) but they are total CRAP. This table however was the perfect length and has hidden wheels that can roll over your bed (see image) which I thought was awesome.
My bedside table is my thrifted Dorothy Draper Chest and a vintage gold mirror from Trey's family that I absolutely adore!
Little by little, its slowly coming along.
We finally got my white curtains up over those terrible Ikea built-in shelves.
See what happens when I wait over a month to write a new blog? I write a novella. Alright, alright..i'm done...for now.

-Look of the Moment | Jessica Biel

-Now Collaborating | Anthropologie + VPL
-Inspiring | 60 Empowering Quotes to Help You Get Things Done

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. You're so cute. I love it! I move into my apartment tomorrow in Orlando and I will definitely need your opinion on some of the decorations! Hope your week is off to a great start :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great!! I'm obsessed with that headboard and mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO PRETTY!! i love all of your finds kelly, can't wait tos ee it in person sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure which I love more--the headboard or the Malm! Both are adorable and the Malm is just so functional!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you use the Ikea Malm Occasional table as a desk, as well; I was wondering if it fits over your bed (the way it is supposed to), and what size your bed is. I have a queen and am hesitant to purchase the Malm table if it could be too small!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me! They literally make my day. I read & appreciate them all.

instagram

Facebook

pinterest



Subscribe