Painting the Town

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Ok maybe we aren't painting the town...YET but we will be after all these condo tweaks are done. Instead of painting the town, we will be painting the walls. This week Amy and I's new condo is being completely primed with white paint primer from head to toe! Our landlord is letting us pick all new wall colors for every room, which is pretty exciting (I can't speak for Amy but, ya I'm excited about paint.)

In our living room there is a white chair rail that goes around the room and is centered in the wall (which we love!). We decided to use a darker shade of paint in the tan family beneath the chair rail and a lighter shade above the chair rail. 
The finished product will look like this:
[1.] Olympic Paint's "Pony Tail" [2.] Ralph Lauren Paint's "Chocolate Brown"
Pretty neutral...we know, but that's what we wanted in the living room because we are decorating with fun colors! That will be a future blog post :)

I still haven't decided on a paint color for my bedroom, all I know is I want a light gray color. I have been staring at paint fans all week and I'm scared to pick a gray that's too blue, too green or too sad.
I think I have it narrowed down to 3 choices though:
images via Pinterest
[1.] Benjamin Moore's "Balboa Mist" [2.] Martha Stewart's "Sharkey Gray" [3.] Benjamin Moore's "Classic Gray"

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. so jealous that you're allowed to paint all your walls!! can't wait to see what you come up with :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me! They literally make my day. I read & appreciate them all.

instagram

Facebook

pinterest



Subscribe