Chalk It Up

Tuesday, December 06, 2011


I was so amazed at graphic designer Dana Tanamachi's work I had to share. I first came across her stuff in the West Elm catalog. She does her designs with chalk, all by freehand!




She graduated in 2007 with a degree in graphic design from The University of North Texas. She originally moved to New York City to design Broadway show posters.



The typography is so pretty, what a talent! Dana works full time as a custom chalk letterer and has been commissioned by clients such as West Elm, Rugby Ralph Lauren, Google, The Ace Hotel, Adidas, EveryDay with Rachael Ray, Harper Collins UK, and Garden & Gun Magazine [my fave].


Here is a video of the artist herself, busy at work:

She has an entire vimeo channel of her amazing chalk lettering in action here
Dana's designs in the 2011 West Elm holiday catalog 
A window instillation at the Rugby Ralph Lauren women's store
In-store displays at West Elm
Nagging Doubt Viognier bottles
The Ace Hotel in NYC
Isn't she fantastic? 
I'm going to work really hard on my notebook doodles this week [inspired].

What has inspired YOU lately?

What I'm Listening To:

Other Morning Musings:
-Tory Burch takes you on a tour of NYC & what she loves most about it [video].
-Don't click this...you'll fall in love.
-Trend Alert: Decor Anatomy [agreed].
-DIY inspiration: Wrist Belts
-I'm diggin' this manly gift guide for the boys in your life
-Why you don't let labradors off their leashes. LOL

Trying to finish out final exam week strong! On Thursday I will be done with college classes forever. I thought this day would never come. It's a whirlwind of emotions.
Genuinely,

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. this makes me wonder what my career could have been if i would have kept up with my doodling. but seriously; love this. such a beautiful and old fashioned way to do things :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me! They literally make my day. I read & appreciate them all.

instagram

Facebook

pinterest



Subscribe