Odds & Bookends

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Good morning! Just took my first final exam and I think I did marvelous! Phew! 
Relief...and one step closer to graduation.
Ok I talked about my first weird obsession with ceilings in a previous post
Now for weird obsession #2: Bookends. I LOVE BOOKENDS! 
images via Elle Decor

I especially love animal figurine bookends so I decided to make my own. Yessss, another DIY. I got my inspiration for this project from the blog mad in crafts but we did ours a little differently.
Guess how much my bookends cost me! 4 bucks.
I got my cute little elephants for $1 each...don't you love them?
All I had to do was spray paint them with gold spray paint and I started to get the look I was going for. [which would be the "i'm really heavy, not hollow," look]
After I painted them I'm in the process of glueing together two pieces of wood for the "L" shaped ends. Then I'm glueing the elephants on so they look like they are pushing and holding up the books with their tusks.
For all you know they could be 10 pounds each of solid brass! I think they are going to turn out pretty cool once my elephants are on the wood "L"and get up a little higher. I'm really happy with the outcome!
What do you think? What animal would you make your bookends? 
Target had a whole bin of different plastic animals to choose from!

Other Morning Musings:

-Interior design lusting over Martyn Lawrence-Bullard
-No room in your tiny apt. for a Christmas Tree? [Try this]
-Color Scheme'd gift guide via Tomboy Style
-Loving Mr. Kate's mustard yellow pants! [gimme those]
-As a matter of fact gimme those orange pants, too.
-Gift wrap with what you already have! [look around you]
-The world's most awesome tree house [in my honest opinion]
-video clip ---> The Bicycle Animation
I'm lovin' me some Kay Starr this morning. She's such a gem. 
Cheers to you girly. You sing those songs [& look good doing it too!]
I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm (Stuhr Remix) by Kay Starr on Grooveshark
(Everybody's Waiting For) The Man With The Bag by Kay Starr on Grooveshark

Genuinely,

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. i'm obsessing over your DIY's miss boudreau. you should line some up for us to do when i'm home! your elephant bookends are so stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Kelly! Love how the color came out! The animal i would probably make a bookend? A tiger! Love reading your blog xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you're so clever! The elephants are a really unique idea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd go with the elephants... ROLL TIDE ROLL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    This can be 1 of the top blogs I've actually arrive throughout on this subject.I liked this blog post.
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yours are so cute, Kelly...thanks for sharing with me! I love the shape of your elephant trunks. How do they keep the books up? I had to glue mine to heavy rocks. Hopefully great minds think alike! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me! They literally make my day. I read & appreciate them all.

instagram

Facebook

pinterest



Subscribe