Mad Lips

Friday, November 11, 2011

I'm no beauty queen. I don't wear much makeup unless I have something to dress up for or I'm going out on the town. When I do wear makeup it's just the basics, nothing wild...so it really caught me off guard when I bought some new lipstick. WHAT? me? Maybe it's the cooler weather but a nice shade of red sounded fun and frisky. I put it on before we left for the UF basketball game.

As living proof that I never wear lipstick, my own dog didn't even recognize me and when he saw me I had to get him to stop barking slash growling at me. "Um hello Mason, it's me!"
So I got to thinking...there are literally millions of shades of lipstick. You should have seen me at the M.A.C. counter. I was like "Can I have...Uhhh RED, just...plain red?" I knew I wanted a matte so eliminating all the glitter slash shimmer ones narrowed it down a bit. [I ended up buying this one]


Luckily, I have really AWESOME friends who let me use photos of them as examples of perfect lipstick users! I adore these girls!
Special *Thank-You* to all my beautiful friends!
I was browsing around online and theres so many tutorials and articles about "how to choose the right shade of lipstick for you" Whatever. I think you should just buy whatever color lipstick your in the mood for! Just like nail polish. Have FUN with it. No rules.


Here are my favorite photos I found of each shade:
images via pinterest
What color do you prefer?

Other Morning Musings:
-Sporting the Ivy League Look Yay or Nay?
-Things We Forget #763
-How to keep your denim dark? Madewell answers
-GIRL CRUSH ALERT: My new favorite blog [Thanks to Michelle] she's perfect. I've always watched her on the Nate Berkus Show but I never knew she had a blog!
-Here is her new post on riding pants
-Her DIY idea combines boots and belts. SO FUNKY
-An amazing podcast, 88-year-old Frank Curre remembers serving on the U.S.S. Tennessee during the attack on Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941.[Listen Here]
-Where to go for extraordinary holiday hostess gifts
-All of Snippet & Ink's inspiration boards on Pinterest. Every.Single.One.

Genuinely,

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Your comments mean the world to me! They literally make my day. I read & appreciate them all.

instagram

Facebook

pinterest



Subscribe