Lucky Duck

Friday, November 11, 2011

After I graduate this December I'd love to see some snow. I'd also love to see some snow in some duck boots. They are such a northern winter fashion staple but to us Floridians they're foreign. I think that's why I like them so much.
Check out the snow my best friend LaPetiteFashionista got in Wisconsin on Wednesday! I'm jealous!
Founded by Leon Leonwood Bean [L.L.Bean] himself over 100 years ago, Duck Boots offer a practical solution to a simple problem: how to keep feet comfy in rain, snow, slush- any just about any weather. Why are they called duck boots though? Because the upper half of the boots are made from duck cloth canvas which is water repellant fabric just like duck feathers.
Ok enough freaking history let's look at some videos & pictures.
Terry the bootmaker at L.L.Bean makes it pretty hard to say no, too.
[You can buy the Bean boots here]

Look, I'm not the only one down with the ducks. Amanda Seyfried digs 'em too.
[image and full spread via Elle]

duck boots



[1.]Hunter 'Brixen' Rain Boot | Nordstrom [2.]Marc Jacobs for Jimmy Native Duck Boots [3.]Sperry Top-Sider boat shoes [4.]Sperry Top-Sider quilted boots [5.]Target:Women's Merona® Zabby Duck Boots - Black [6.]Tretorn Woman's Aspelin Winter Boot [7.]Bennington Low Duck Boots Tommy Hilfiger

Fashionista Olivia Palermo wearing #7 [she is my all time fave]
I love this ORLY nail polish -"Lucky Duck" from the birds of a feather collection. It's a little bit more muted than the OPI Nail Polish - "Jade is the New Black"
His & Hers

Images via here & here
OH & a place to wear them?
This will do:
Aspen: Aerin Lauder’s Ski Chalet


Other Morning Musings:
-Macys 2011 holiday window displays include puppies available for adoption
-Instant Snap & Print digital camera [$299]
-Behind the scenes into Rachel Zoe's office and closet [i've never ever seen so many shoes in my life]


Has anyone else seen "Knocked Up" on E! lately? They have been playing that movie over and over...and over like its the last movie on earth so this song is stuck in my head, naturally.

HAPPY FRIDAY! 11/11/11
Most importantly Happy Veterans Day! So many thanks to all who serve!
Genuinely,

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. The first thing I did when I found out I was moving to Wisconsin was invest in a good pair of duck boots.the ground gets SO slippery when it's icy and snowy. i've seriously fallen so many times when i try to wear cute boots.

    Maybe if i try the high heeled duck boots it'll be the best of both worlds?

    xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me! They literally make my day. I read & appreciate them all.

instagram

Facebook

pinterest



Subscribe